Euthanasia in Belgium : 10 years on
Share this document
May 28, 2012 marks the 10th anniversary of the legalisation of euthanasia in Belgium, with the Netherlands following suit a year earlier and Luxembourg doing the same in 2009 6.
To date, these three Benelux countries are the only ones to have legalised the act of intentionally killing a person who makes such a request. At a time when legalisation of euthanasia is being debated in several European countries, notably in France, it would appear appropriate to take stock of the last 10 years of implementation of the law on euthanasia in Belgium.
Documents, studies, related texts
- - 02/12/2015 - Does the Belgian model of integrated palliative care distort palliative care practice? [English]
- - 01/02/2010 - Ethical points in caring for people nearing end-of-life [English]
- - 01/02/2006 - Are people in a persistent vegetative state "Vegetables" ? [English]
- - 12/05/2015 - Belgium : a further extension of euthanasia [English]
- - 15/09/2014 - Belgian Euthanasia Increases by 89% in four years. [English]
- - 22/07/2013 - Euthanasia : A summary of the legal framework law of May 28, 2002 [English]
- - 14/05/2013 - Affaire Gross c. Suisse / Suicide assisté [English]
- - 14/05/2013 - Arrest Gross t. Zwitserland / Aanvraag euthanasie [English]
- - 14/07/2012 - What’s wrong with assisted dying [English]
- - 06/06/2009 - Euthanasia Policy and practice in Belgium [English]